Periodontics in Aurora, IL
At Fox Valley Dental Care, we provide periodontics services in Aurora, IL, to ensure our patients’ oral health and overall well-being. Our experienced and skilled periodontists utilize advanced technology and techniques to provide comprehensive treatment plans tailored to meet your needs. We specialize in scaling and root planing, frenectomy, and periodontal diagnosis to help our patients maintain healthy gums and avoid more serious dental issues.
What is Periodontics?
Periodontics is a specialized area of dentistry that focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of periodontal diseases. A periodontist is a specialist who has completed additional training in this field and can provide more advanced treatments than a general dentist.
A periodontist may perform various procedures such as deep cleaning to treat gum disease, place dental implants to replace missing teeth or perform cosmetic procedures such as tissue grafts or crown lengthening to improve how your smile looks.
Signs You May Need To See a Periodontist
There are certain signs that indicate you might need to see our periodontist for gum disease treatment:
- Persistent Bad Breath: Persistent bad breath can be a sign of periodontal disease. This is why it’s important to have regular dental checkups and cleanings, as our periodontist can detect and treat any issues before they become more serious. If you notice that you are having issues with bad breath that won’t go away, it’s time to schedule an appointment at our dental office.
- Bleeding or Swollen Gums: Bleeding and swollen gums are another sign that you may need to see our periodontist for additional care. This could be a sign of gum disease, a bacterial infection caused by plaque buildup in the teeth and gums. If left untreated, this infection can damage your teeth and gums, leading to more serious oral health issues such as tooth loss.
- Loose Teeth: Loose teeth could be caused by gum disease, infection, trauma, or other factors. Our periodontist can examine your teeth and determine the best course of action to treat the issue. Depending on the severity, treatment may include deep cleaning, scaling, antibiotics, or even surgery.
- Receding Gums: Receding gums can occur due to various factors, including periodontal disease, brushing too hard, or genetics. It’s important to have receding gums treated by a periodontist as soon as possible to avoid tooth loss and other more serious issues.
- Changes in Bite: If you notice that your teeth don’t fit together like they used to, the cause may be related to your gums or jawbone. Our periodontist can evaluate your bite and determine if there is an issue that needs treatment. Treatment may involve special appliances such as night guards, crowns, or dental implants.
Our Periodontal Services in Aurora, IL
1. Deep Cleaning
Deep cleaning is a periodontal procedure that involves scaling and root planing, which removes the buildup of plaque and tartar from the teeth and gum line. This helps to reduce inflammation and allows for improved oral hygiene. During a deep cleaning, our periodontist will gently remove any plaque or tartar from the teeth, gums, and roots using special tools. Additionally, we may use antibiotics to help prevent the progression of gum disease.
Frenectomy is a procedure performed to remove excess tissue from the gums and lips that can restrict movement or cause speech issues. During a frenectomy, our periodontist will carefully remove the excess tissue and ensure there is no further restriction of movement or speech difficulties. This procedure can be done on both adults and children, depending on the needs of the patient.
3. Periodontal Diagnosis
Periodontal diagnosis involves examining a patient’s mouth and taking into consideration any medical and lifestyle habits they may have. Our periodontist will use X-rays, photographs, and other diagnostic tools to assess the condition of your teeth and gums, as well as look for any signs of periodontal disease. We may also discuss a patient’s home care routine, diet, smoking habits, and lifestyle choices that can affect their oral health. Based on the findings of this exam, we can create a personalized treatment plan to meet each patient’s needs.
Contact Fox Valley Dental Care For Periodontics in Aurora, IL
No matter what kind of dental issue you may be facing—whether it’s mild bleeding due to brushing too hard or more severe concerns like advanced stages of gum disease—seeing an experienced periodontist can make all the difference when it comes to getting proper treatment so you can achieve optimal oral health.
Here at Fox Valley Dental Care in Aurora, IL, our dental team can provide you with the care and attention you need to treat your condition and help you maintain healthy teeth and gums. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.