Orthodontics in Aurora, IL
At Fox Valley Dental Care in Aurora, IL, our dental team offers clear aligners to align your teeth, fix bad bites, and give you a beautiful, straight smile. Our orthodontic services focus on early intervention to prevent and treat orthodontic issues to restore your oral health and give you a beautiful smile with straight teeth you can be proud of.
Schedule your initial consultation today to find out more about our orthodontic treatment plans.
Our orthodontic services include Clear Correct aligners, the modern alternative to traditional metal braces. Clear Correct aligners are virtually invisible, custom-made to fit your teeth, and can be easily removed for eating, drinking, and cleaning. This option is perfect for those who want to maintain a natural smile while straightening their teeth. Unlike traditional braces, Clear Correct aligners don’t have brackets or wires, which means fewer visits to our dental office and a shorter average treatment time compared to braces. They’re made of smooth, comfortable plastic material, making them a gentle choice for your mouth.
The Clear Aligner Process
The process of getting clear aligners typically involves several steps:
- The first step is to schedule a consultation with our orthodontic specialist to examine your teeth, discuss your orthodontic goals, and determine if clear aligners are a suitable option for you.
- If you are a good candidate for clear aligners, the next step is to take dental impressions or 3D scans of your teeth to create a customized treatment plan.
- The orthodontist will create a custom treatment plan to outline how your teeth will move over time and estimate the duration of treatment.
- When your aligners are ready, you’ll have another appointment where your orthodontist will give you your first set of aligners and ensure they fit properly.
- You’ll need to wear your aligners for about 20-22 hours a day, only removing them to eat, drink, brush, and floss. You’ll change to a new set of aligners every couple of weeks as prescribed by your orthodontist.
- Once your treatment is complete and you’ve gone through all of the sets of aligners, your orthodontist will assess the final result. Most patients will need to wear retainers after treatment to maintain the new position of their teeth.
Early Orthodontic Intervention
At Fox Valley Dental Care, we believe in the importance of early orthodontic intervention. Monitoring your child’s dental development from an early age is crucial in detecting and correcting any potential issues before they become more serious.
Early intervention can help guide the growth of the jaw and the incoming permanent teeth. It can also correct harmful oral habits and create space for crowded teeth. Our team of experienced orthodontists will work with you and your child to develop a personalized treatment plan that promotes healthy dental development.
Braces vs. Invisalign and Other Clear Aligners
Many orthodontic patients wonder about the differences between traditional metal braces and other dental services like Invisalign or Clear Correct aligner treatment. We find that clear aligners offer a more convenient and effective treatment for correcting mild to moderate misalignment issues. Here are some reasons our orthodontic experts recommend clear aligners:
- Aesthetics: Traditional braces are more visible with their metal brackets and wires, whereas Invisalign and Clear Correct aligners are virtually invisible.
- Comfort: Clear aligners are typically more comfortable as they are made from smooth plastic, in contrast to the metal brackets and wires of traditional braces.
- Maintenance and Cleaning: Clear aligners can be removed, making it easier to clean your teeth and prevent tooth decay. Traditional braces require more effort in cleaning around brackets and wires.
- Treatment Time: The treatment time can vary for both options depending on the complexity of the case. However, clear aligners often require fewer visits to the orthodontist for adjustments, making them an excellent choice for people with busy schedules who want fewer office visits.
- Food Restrictions: With traditional braces, you may need to avoid certain foods that can get stuck or damage the braces. With Clear Correct aligners, you can remove them when eating, so there are no food restrictions.
Contact Fox Valley Dental Care for Orthodontics in Aurora, IL
If you’re looking for a reliable and experienced orthodontist in Aurora, IL, then Fox Valley Dental Care is the place for you. We are committed to providing personalized and effective orthodontic care to our patients. Contact Fox Valley Dental Care today to schedule your orthodontic consultation and start your journey toward a healthy and confident smile.