Endodontist in Aurora, IL
If you are in Aurora, IL, and experiencing tooth pain, you may need endodontic treatment to restore your oral health. We can help alleviate your pain and save your natural tooth with root canal treatment. This common procedure can save your tooth, eliminating the need for a tooth extraction and more expensive dental procedures.
What is Endodontics?
What is Endodontic Therapy?
Endodontic therapy, also called root canal therapy, is a common procedure used to restore tooth structure that has been damaged by tooth decay. During a root canal, the infected pulp and the inside of the tooth is cleaned and sealed. This procedure not only alleviates pain but also prevents further infection or abscess in the pulp chamber.
How To Know if You Have Infected Teeth
Here are some common signs and symptoms that might indicate that you may have an infection in a tooth chamber:
- Toothache: Extreme tooth pain is a common sign of infection in the dental pulp. The pain can be sharp, throbbing, or constant.
- Sensitivity to Temperature: If your tooth becomes overly sensitive to hot or cold foods and drinks, it might be an indication of infection.
- Swelling in the Gums or Face: Infected teeth can often cause swelling or tenderness in the gums around the tooth. In more severe cases, the infection can spread, causing swelling in the face around the roots of teeth.
- Bad Taste in the Mouth or Bad Breath: An infection can cause a bad taste in your mouth or persistent bad breath, even after brushing.
- Fever: Sometimes, a dental infection can lead to a fever as your body tries to fight off the infection.
- Discoloration of the Tooth: An infected tooth might become discolored near the tooth root, usually turning a darker color.
- Swollen Lymph Nodes: Sometimes, the lymph nodes under your jaw or in your neck might become swollen when you have a dental infection.
What Happens if You Don't Get an Infected Tooth Treated?
Save Your Natural Teeth With Endodontic Services in Aurora, IL
Preserving your natural teeth is our utmost priority. Endodontic treatment helps in saving a tooth that might otherwise need to be extracted. By retaining your natural tooth, you’re maintaining your natural smile, which is priceless.
We offer endodontic care in Aurora, IL, to alleviate severe tooth pain and restore your healthy smile. Our experienced team uses advanced techniques to ensure the best outcome for your dental health.
Don’t let tooth pain and discomfort compromise your quality of life. Take the first step towards a healthy, beautiful smile by scheduling an appointment with Fox Valley Dental Care in Aurora, IL.