Dentures in Aurora, IL
Rediscover the beauty of a complete, vibrant smile with Fox Valley Dental Care’s wide variety of denture solutions. Our skilled team of professionals utilizes modern dental technology and individual treatment plans specifically tailored to your needs to help you reclaim the joy of a beautiful smile. Whether you’ve lost teeth due to age, gum disease/periodontal disease, or an accident, there’s a tooth replacement solution for you!
Who Needs Dentures?
Dentures can benefit a wide range of individuals, including those who have:
- Lost All or Some Teeth: The primary function of dentures is to replace missing teeth. Conventional dentures are used when all natural teeth are missing, while partial dentures are beneficial when some natural teeth remain.
- Difficulty Eating or Speaking: Missing teeth can make it hard to chew certain foods and can affect the clarity of speech. Dentures can restore these functions, making eating and speaking easier and more comfortable.
- Self-Consciousness About Their Smile: Dentures can greatly improve the appearance of a person’s smile when teeth are missing, which can enhance self-esteem and confidence.
- Facial Sagging Due to Tooth Loss: The loss of teeth can lead to changes in facial structure, often leading to a “sunken” or “sagging” look. Dentures can help support the lips and cheeks, maintaining the normal shape of the face.
- Experienced Bone Loss: For those who have experienced significant bone loss, certain types of dentures, like implant-supported ones, can help preserve the remaining bone and prevent further deterioration.
Restore Your Oral Health With Dentures
At our dental practice in Aurora, we believe that everyone deserves a smile they can be proud of. With our state-of-the-art dentures, you’ll be able to chew, speak, and laugh with newfound confidence. Dentures can help to improve your dental health by replacing missing teeth, which in turn reduces the risk of oral infections, prevents facial sagging, and improves your ability to eat and speak properly.
Types of Dentures
Complete Dentures (Full Dentures)
Complete dentures, also known as full dentures, are a type of prosthetic device custom-made to replace all of a person’s natural teeth. These custom-made dentures are usually made from acrylic resin or porcelain, designed to closely resemble natural teeth, and are set into a gum-colored acrylic base that fits over your own gums. They are adhered to your gums with a denture adhesive and are meant to be removed each night.
Complete dentures help to restore the functionality of the mouth, enabling the wearer to eat and speak more effectively. They also support facial structures, providing a more natural appearance and giving the individual a boost in confidence.
Partial dentures are a type of dental prosthesis used when one or more natural teeth still remain in the upper or lower jaw. They are designed to fill in the gaps created by missing teeth and to prevent other teeth from changing position.
A partial denture is often made from a combination of metal and acrylic, which gives them the strength to handle your needs for chewing and speaking while also looking natural. The partial denture has replacement teeth attached to a pink or gum-colored plastic base, often connected by a metal framework that holds the denture in place in the mouth.
Like full dentures, partial dentures are removable, and they need to be taken out at night for cleaning. They not only fill in the spaces created by missing teeth, improving the patient’s appearance and smile, but they also help to improve oral functions such as chewing and speech, and prevent remaining teeth from shifting position in the mouth.
Implant-supported dentures, also known as overdentures, are a type of denture that is secured in place by dental implants. This is a more stable and comfortable solution for people who have lost all of their teeth but have enough bone in their jaw to support implants.
Unlike traditional dentures that sit on the gum tissue and are prone to shifting, implant-supported dentures are anchored by implants that are surgically placed into your jawbone. Because they’re anchored directly into the bone, these dentures provide superior stability and comfort compared to traditional dentures.
Caring for Dentures
Contact Fox Valley Dental Care for Dentures in Aurora, IL
At Fox Valley Dental Care, we understand that your smile is a big part of who you are. For personalized denture solutions and a top-notch dental experience in Aurora, IL, contact us today to schedule your consultation. With Fox Valley Dental Care, a vibrant and healthy smile is just a phone call away!