Over time, our teeth begin to weaken and become more susceptible to problems such as decay, cracks, or discoloration. Crowns are used to renew the appearance and function of a tooth. Crowns are not limited to just replacing the natural tooth but can be designed to create an even better aesthetic appearance.
Other reasons for needing a dental crown include:
• To protect a weak tooth from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth.
• To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there is not a sufficient amount of tooth structure remaining.
• To cover severely discolored teeth.
• To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down.
Also, they are often used in conjunction with root canal therapy, dental implants, or as an anchor for a bridge.
Fox Valley Dental Care Aurora has integrated the use of CAD/CAM technology to offer same-day dental restorations to our patients. We are committed to providing the most efficient and effective innovations available. CAD/CAM technology designs and crafts high-quality, metal-free dental crowns in a single patient visit.
CAD/CAM makes dental restoration effective and efficient. First, any decay is removed from the tooth. Next, we take digital images of the tooth using 3D modeling software. This 3D model is viewed on a high definition screen as our expert dentist designs the restoration for a precise fit and aesthetically pleasing look. Once the final design is complete, the machine crafts the custom restoration from a solid block of ceramic. This creates strong and highly durable restorations. In about 15 minutes, the restoration will be ready for placement. Once bonded in place, it is adjusted and polished for a natural, beautiful look.
Using CAD/CAM technology, patients can leave an appointment with a brand-new restoration. This ends the need for multiple appointments, messy impressions, and weeks of waiting for a lab to make the restoration. Temporary restorations are no longer needed.
You may be a candidate if you:
· Have been told you need a new crown, inlay, onlay or bridge
· Have a cracked tooth
· Have old failing restorations
· Have had damage or trauma to your tooth
· Are interested in replacing old metal restorations with biocompatible restorations
In general, a crown appointment can take less than two hours and requires no additional appointments. The 3D imaging technology allows our team to design a precise virtual restoration without taking impressions. This allows us to ensure restorations look great, fit perfectly, and can last for years.
We have the experience and qualifications to create same-day dental restorations.